Ziggy Marley’s Jerk Chicken is for you if you like it hot. Perfectly grilled chicken topped with a spicy and savory glaze. Take your taste buds to the island, without ever leaving your home!
Yield: 4-6 servings
Some like it hot. If you do, this recipe for Ziggy Marley’s Jerk Chicken is for you. Perfectly grilled chicken topped with a spicy and savory glaze. Take your taste buds to the island, without ever leaving your home!
- 6-8 drumsticks or 1 whole chicken cut into pieces
- 2 Scotch bonnet peppers (we used habaneros) seeds removed (wear rubber gloves when handling these peppers)
- 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1½ teaspoons thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- ½ cup scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 lemon, sliced into 4 to 6 pieces
- Set aside chicken and lemon slices.
- Using a food processor or blender, blend remaining ingredients into a paste. Pour the paste into a zip top bag with the chicken. Close the bag, squeezing out excess air. Massage the paste all around chicken from the outside the bag. Place in the fridge at least 2 hours to overnight. (The longer it marinates the hotter it will be)
- Grill chicken over medium or medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with lemon slices.
Adapted from : sparklesofyum.com