This Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast is a lot easier to make than you would think and is pretty tasty! Surprise your family or house guests with this delicious and easy breakfast!
Prep Time: 25 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup mashed fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 tsp butter
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, heat the strawberries and 1/2 cup white sugar over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water together and add to the strawberries.
- Cook and stir until thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer while preparing remaining ingredients, stirring occasionally.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, and cinnamon together. Set aside.
- Mix the cream cheese, vanilla extract, and 3/4 cup white sugar together in a bowl, until smooth.
- Cut your French bread into slices that are 2 inches thick. Then cut a slit in each of the slices that reaches almost to the back, but doesn’t break through the other side.
- Use a spatula to stuff the cream cheese mixture into the bread. Repeat with the remaining slices of bread.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter over low-medium heat.
- Dip the stuffed bread in the egg mixture, covering both sides and letting the excess drip off, then place in the skillet.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Top with strawberry syrup, whipped cream, and powdered sugar, if desired.
Adapted From: highheelsandgrills.com