These easy baked salmon tacos are made in 30 minutes and will make a great lunch or dinner.
Prep Time : 10 minutes |Cook Time 20 minutes | Total Time : 30 minutes | Servings : 6 | Calories : 447 kcal
- 1.5 lb salmon fillet
- 3 Tbsp minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce pepper and the sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 6 fajita size tortillas
- 2 avocados
- 2 shallots thinly sliced
- lettuce leaves
Chipotle pepper cream sauce:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/2 tbsp adobo sauce from the peppers
- 1/2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (or parchment paper).
- Rub salmon skin with a little bit of oil and place it in the prepared baking sheet, skin down.
- Mince chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and mix them with more adobo sauce, lime juice, and salt.
- Rub salmon with chipotle pepper mixture all over.
- Bake salmon for 20-22 minutes. (Time will depend on thickness of salmon. You can check if salmon is done by taking the temperature of the thickest part. Insert the thermometer into the center of the thickest part. Salmon is considered done when it reaches 145 degrees.)
- Once salmon is done, use a fork to flake off salmon meat off the skin.
- Optional: while salmon is cooking, you can heat tortillas in a hot cooking pan. Heat tortillas on each side for about a minute.
- Assemble tacos by adding lettuce, thinly sliced shallots, and avocado meat to tortillas. Divide salmon meat among the six tacos.
- Combine ingredients for the sauce in a small blender and pulse them together.
- Easy way to drizzle the sauce over the tacos is to add it into a small zip-lock bag, cut off a little tip and squeeze to drizzle the sauce over tacos.
- Note: if you don’t feel like using a blender over a small amount of sauce, you can mince the chipotle pepper finely, mix the sauce ingredients, and spoon sauce over the tacos.
Adapted From : willcookforsmiles.com