This Spicy Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwich is fried to perfection and absolutely heavenly!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast sliced in half lengthwise you will have 4 thin breasts
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil
- 4 slices American cheese
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 4 soft buns
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Place the 4 chicken breast in a medium bowl and add buttermilk. Marinade for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, cornstarch, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, and salt.
- Dredge chicken breasts in the flour mixture then back in the buttermilk and again in the flour mixture and let rest on a baking sheet.
- Heat 4 cups oil in in dutch oven or heavy bottom pot to 350 degrees
- Once oil is hot, add 2 chicken breasts and fry for about 6 minutes. Remove from pan and place on a cooling rack or plate with paper towel, and place sliced cheese on chicken. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Assemble the sandwiches and enjoy!
For the Sriracha Mayo
- In a small bowl add mayo, sriracha and sugar whisk until combined