Prep Time : 10 mins | Cook Time : 8 hrs | Total Time : 8 hrs 10 mins | Servings: 8
This easy to make macaroni hamburger soup has been a dinnertime staple for decades now!
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium white onion diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 10.75 oz can of condensed tomato soup
- 4 cups strong beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 tsp white sugar
- black pepper to taste
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- Fry the ground beef and onions together until the ground beef is cooked and the onions are translucent. Add in the garlic and fry until brown. Drain the fat and place in the bottom of a crockpot.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato soup, beef broth, bay leaves, thyme, frozen vegetables, sugar and pepper.
- Simmer on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 8-10.
- Right before serving, cook the macaroni to al dente according to the package directions. Drain and add to the hamburger soup.
- Remove the bay leaves. Ladle into bowls and serve.