This healthy fish taco recipe is made with pan-fried white fish, smoky spices, easy slaw, and chipotle mayo. Ready in 15 minutes!
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 15 mins | Servings: 4 servings
Easy Chipotle Mayo
- 1/3 cup mayo, (or plain Greek yogurt)
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce from the can
- 3 teaspoons adobo sauce from the can
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 fish fillets, (any white fish like cod, mahi mahi, halibut)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- Lime wedges
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- If using store-bought chipotle mayo, skip this step. In a food processor, add mayo, chipotle peppers and adobo sauce. Pulse until well blended. Set aside.
- Mix the smoked paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Lay the fish fillets on a clean work surface and sprinkle the spice mix evenly over each filet, rubbing it on all sides.
- In a non-stick skillet set over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add 2 of the fish fillets and cook, undisturbed, about 4 minutes. Flip the fillets and cook for another 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Repeat the cooking process with the remaining 2 filets.
- Using a fork, shred the fish fillets. Divide the cooked shredded fish evenly into the 12 corn tortillas. Add shredded red cabbage, cilantro and drizzle with chipotle mayo. Serve and enjoy!
Adapted From: asassyspoon.com