- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter or margarine, cut up
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ½ cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine flour, sugar, and salt in large bowl; cut in ¾ cup butter
thoroughly with a pastry blender until mixture resembles very fine
crumbs. Press mixture evenly into a greased 13″ x 9″ pan, using a piece
of plastic wrap to press crumb mixture firmly in pan. Bake at 350° for
17 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, and ½ cup butter in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring gently. Remove from heat. Stir one-fourth of hot mixture into beaten eggs; add to remaining hot mixture. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Pour filling over crust. Bake at 350° for 34 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack, about 2-3 hours. Cut into bars.