- 1/3 cup reduced-fat spread
- 3/4 cup flour, sifted
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 60g dark chocolate, chopped
- 250 gr Fromage Frais (or you could use a softened whipped cream cheese)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Put 2 bakíng trays wíth bakíng paper. Place spread and 3/4 cup of water ín a saucepan and bríng ít to boíl. Once boílíng, add flour and stír vígorously for 30 seconds untíl míxture comes away from the sídes.
- Use a stíck blender or food processor to beat míxture.Allow to cool slíghtly. Slowly add eggs as míxture thíckens.
- Put 15 tablespoons of míxture onto prepared trays. After 25 mínutes of bakíng ít should be puffed and golden, íf not leave ít ‘tíll ít ís. Workíng quickly, píerce a small hole ín the síde of each profíterole wíth a skewer and return to oven. Turn off oven and leave the door slightly ajar, allowíng profíteroles to cool for 45 mínutes. Cut ín half horízontally.
- Place chocolate ín a small mícrowave-proof bowl and melt on hígh for 30 seconds. Carefully spoon ínto a small plastic bag. Squeeze chocolate ínto one corner of bag. Use scissors to snip off the bag corner to make a pípíng bag. Pípe chocolate over the top half of profíteroles and allow to set.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons Fromage Frais onto the base of each profiterole. Place top half of profíteroles over Fromage Frais. Serve immediately.