- Chicken 1 kg. (chunked)
- Garlic 1 tablespoon (chopped)
- Dill 2 tablespoon
- Oregano 2 tablespoon
- Olive Oil 3 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice 1 tablespoon
- Salt & Pepper 1 teaspoon of each
- Wooden Skewers
- Mediterranean Delicacies Tzatziki Dip (*)
Tzatziki is a traditional Greek sauce made from the combining of
strained Greek yogurt, cucumbers, garlic, salt, olive oil, pepper, lemon
juice, and more. Always served cold, tzatziki is always served
accompanying something (pita bread, salad, etc.)
- Sliced onions and pepper cooked with the chicken
- Mediterranean Delicacies feta cheese
- Mix garlic, dill, oregano, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper into a
bowl. Whisk the ingredients until the marinade is combined well. Place chicken in the marinade and leave it to marinate in the bowl for 30 minutes to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Once the chicken is finished marinating, heat the grill. Prepare the raw chicken on wooden skewers (add cut pieces of pepper or onions to enhance the meal), and place on the grill until chicken is cooked through (about 10-12 minutes).
- Finally, remove chicken from the grill and serve with Mediterranean Delicacies Tzatziki sauce and optional sides of pita bread, grilled vegetables and feta cheese.
- Chicken souvlaki is a light meal that is sure to keep you wanting more. Don’t feel like you have to give up good food to look good. With so many ways to combine simple sauces, like tzatziki, and fresh products, like chicken and fish, the Mediterranean Diet is the healthy answer to all your dieting needs.
Original Recipe : mediterraneandelicacies