Serves: 4 | Prep: 10 Mins | Cook: 20 Mins |Method:Stir-Fry
Easy Sesame Chicken is a family favorite. This scrumptious crispy chicken is both sweet and salty with just a hint of spice. It only takes a few minutes to prepare and tastes so much better than takeout.
- 1 1/2 lbchicken breast fillets cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 ccornstarch
- 4 Tbspcanola or vegetable oil
- 2 clovegarlic finely minced
- 1/4 clow sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsprice vinegar
- 1 tspsesame oil
- 1/4 choney
- 1 Tbspchili sauce
- 2 Tbspcornstarch
- 1/4 ccold water
- 2 Tbspsesame oil
- 4 green onions trimmed and sliced in one inch pieces
How to Make Sesame Chicken
- In large Ziploc bag shake chicken pieces and 1/4 cup cornstarch. In large saucepan over medium heat add 2 tablespoons canola oil. Fry the chicken in batches; flipping over to brown both sides. Remove to plate when browned. Fry in batches; adding oil when necessary.
- In small sauce pan add one tablespoon canola oil. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey and chili sauce. Add 2 tablespoons cornstarch to water and whisk into sauce pan. Cook until slightly thickened.
- Wipe out the pan that you fried the chicken in. Turn the heat to medium high and add the sesame seeds and toast for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned; stirring frequently. Remove toasted sesame seeds to bowl. Return the cooked chicken to skillet. Stir in sauce and sprinkle with scallions and toasted sesame seeds. Serve over rice or Chinese noodles.