Prep Time : 21 mins | Cook Time : 8 mins | Total Time : 29 mins | Servings: 10 | Calories: 394 kcal
This classic macaroni salad is simple and easy, but not lacking in flavor.
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound elbow pasta
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1 celery rib, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- Bring 4 quarts of water to boil in a large pot. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and the pasta. Cook until al dente, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Drain pasta in a colander and rinse with cold water until no longer hot. Drain briefly again, leaving a little water on the pasta and transfer to a large bowl. The pasta will absorb this water instead of the mayonnaise which will help it stay creamy.
- Add onion, celery, parsley, lemon juice, mustard, garlic powder, and cayenne to bowl with pasta and stir to combine. Let sit 2 minutes to allow the flavors to absorb into the pasta.
- Add mayonnaise, stir to combine, and let sit 5 to 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 2 days.
Addapted from : https://spicysouthernkitchen.com/easy-macaroni-salad/