- 2 lbs (900 gr) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 cups marinara/pasta sauce
- 1½ cups 2% reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz grated parmesan cheese
- 3.5 oz garlic croutons, roughly crushed, leaving some larger pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the dish in a single layer. Sprinkle the minced garlic, red pepper flakes and basil evenly over the chicken. Spread the sauce evenly across the top. On top of the sauce, sprinkle ¾ cup of the Mozzarella and one ounce of the Parmesan evenly across the dish. Sprinkle the crushed croutons across the top and follow with the rest of the cheese cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Note:Makes 8 servings.